In 2014, the Catholic Alliance for People Seeking Asylum was formed to turns hearts and minds to compassion. We dream of an Australia that welcomes and respects people seeking asylum.
We will achieve this by building on the groundswell of support from Australian Catholics; linking people together, and creating a collective Catholic voice for change. Together, we will advocate for policy changes to better uphold the dignity and rights of each person seeking asylum.
Our Advisory Group
Jesuit Social Services convenes the advisory group that includes:
- Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office
- Australian Catholic Social Justice Council
- Australian Catholic University
- Catholic Health Australia
- Catholic Mission
- Catholic Religious Australia
- Catholic Social Services Australia
- Catholics in Coalition for Justice and Peace
- National Catholic Education Commission
- St Vincent de Paul Society
Both individuals and organisations or local groups can join CAPSA and stay up to date with a monthly e-bulletin. Individuals can join online, while groups (parish, school, social justice, workplace or community) simply email email@example.com to sign up.