Action for Afghanistan
It is clear that the Afghan people, especially ethnic and religious minorities as well as women and children are in great danger in their own country. In addition, there are more than 5,100 Afghans living in Australia, many with families in Afghanistan, and many without any certainty about their future in Australia.
While the Federal Government has undertaken to allocate at least 3,000 places for Afghans within the current humanitarian intake, the need is dire and immediate, and a special additional intake is required. We therefore wish to raise our voices as members of the Catholic Alliance for People Seeking Asylum (CAPSA) to urge the Federal Government to
- provide a special allocation of at least 20,000 additional humanitarian places for people fleeing Afghanistan,
- guarantee permanent visas to those living here under temporary visas, and
- enable family reunions for Afghan people living in Australia.
We encourage you to be part of the voice of CAPSA, through one or both of the following ways:
- send a letter to your local Member of Parliament directly using the form below
- At www.actionforafghanistan.com.au/ you will be able to sign a petition along with thousands of other Australians.
We remain in solidarity with the people of Afghanistan who need our compassion and kindness now.